Thursday, September 24, 2009

roaming...

So because I have time off from classes - decided to take a
backpacking roadtrip of sorts around the Red Sea area of Egypt and
into Jordan. I'll be trying to post when I get wifi access because I
think it might be cool to give y'all a heads up on my moves and the
experiences in each place. I'll be writing from my BB so its gonna be
short and sweet.

Day 1...I left cairo around 7 am this morning and arrived by bus to
Dahab around 4. Needless to say it was a long ass bus ride...but way
worth the 9 hrs of driving through the desert, 5 passport checkpoint
stops and blasting AC that probably froze my nips off. Dahab is
something that cannot be described accurately with my words. All I
know is since I've been here I have become totally serene by the waves
of the Red Sea which lies just feet away from the hostel. I could
escape and live her forever, and time sees to move much slower than in
cairo. Its made for just sitting with a cold stella by water and
looking out and just thinking. Amazing. Tomorrow I head to the Isreali
border...I know that will be an experience and a half.

1 comments:

B.Amorena said...

Be careful in those hostels there are some weirdos.