Wednesday, August 5, 2009

House Arrest


Since my little incident on the mean streets of Buenos, Aires, My mother...from thousands of miles away has mandated that I don't go out after sundown. She says "If you were in Baghdad you would have to do the same thing," so in order to appease her and also because I'm still a little nervy about what happened, I have decided to take a couple days off from the B.A nightlife (at least until the weekend, which officially starts on Thurs here...When in Rome). I'm taking this time to reflect on my goals for this trip. I want to experience B.A to the fullest, but I also want to be able to return home with all my parts intact. So I'm trying to figure out how to be safe and still be able to experience life as a Porteno to the fullest. These past couple of days besides going to a couple hours of orientation each day, I have been in the house talking with my family, drinking mate with my host sister and watching telenovelas. Getting my head right. All in all is has been a good hiatus!

0 comments: