Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dear Pachamama, Thanks for Touching my Soul

I have been back in Buenos Aires for one week now and I haave to write about my trip to Jujuy before I forget how it felt to be in a place with such a palpable spirit. I feel like the problem with having so many amazing experiences in such a short amount of time is that each one begins to run into the next and I just want to give the Pachamama(mother earth) the reflection she deserves. So we travelled as a group to the Northern part of Argentina, 2 hours by plane, 1.5 hours by bus and we arrived in this dusty little pueblocito with houses made of clay and unpaved streets. I havvve to describe the people of this place, they are so tranqila and tiny, like from another time. Their faces are etched with lines...I kept wanting to say that they looked windswept, because they look as though literally the wind and sun have carved lines in their cheeks and foreheads. Ahhh...me mata! I felt like I could live in those mountains making jewlery and...doing whatever it is that they do. But perhaps that was the high altitude making me dizzy and making it hard for me to maintain some sense bc many of the first peoples of that region are so very poor! Thats the thing that struck me so powerfully is the differenc between Buenos Aires, a city with all the modern convienience, attitude and grit of New York City, and Humahuca, a town that is filled with a quiet, ancient type of energy....(I hate to write this way, but honestly I was so moved by this place I felt like every moment I was having revelations about my life and the excesses of cities like BA. The Pachamama really did touch my soul!

0 comments: